Come and Grow the Vision and Dream for our Time
Beginning in 1898, JRH is the first and longest continuing place in the United States providing retreats for laypersons as well as for priests and religious. For over 119 years, men and women of all ages have accepted the same invitation: to get to know themselves more deeply and to encounter God’s love.
We provide a welcoming and sacred place for reflection and prayer where people can find peace and discover deeper meaning and direction in their lives. We offer and host retreats and programs for an evening, a day, weekend, 8 days and 30 days. People come from Northeast Ohio, across the USA, and around the world.
We want to extend this mission to as many as possible.
The present building is inadequate for current and future needs. We want to be able to serve multiple groups at the same time and fully utilize our capacity. Since the turn of this century, we have envisioned a new era for JRH in better serving more people. Our new addition and renovation will provide:
- A large meeting space for up to 135 people with the latest audio-video capability
- Multiple meeting rooms for 8 –12 people
- A beautiful new prayer space
- New rooms for spiritual direction
- 10 new bedrooms with private baths – ideal for retreats for married couples
- Updating the over 60 year old current building with needed improvements and AC in bedrooms
- Greatly improved accessibility for all including handicapped & elderly persons (entry, elevator, restrooms)
- New shrines and improvements to our grounds
- A stronger endowment to sustain our mission.
You are invited to become a partner in our mission. Help us to profess our faith and to build our new addition with great hope in serving many generations to come. How can you help? By pledging a donation toward our capital campaign. You will help us to fulfill this vision and dream entrusted to our care and support. The retreatants of the future will remember you and pray for you, in thanksgiving for your generosity.
You can pledge a multi-year gift or make a one-time contribution. Your gift can be stocks and bonds, or you can remember JRH in your will. However you choose to give, you will be part of an exciting life-giving mission. Your sacrifice – and that of others – will make a great difference for generations to come. For whatever you are able to do
To learn more, including about naming rights, please contact: