Ignatian Spirituality Collaborative
Mission. The Ignatian Spirituality Collaborative (ISC) brings organizations together to grow the ministry of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola in Northeast Ohio through communication and resources.
Overview. The Ignatian Spirituality Collaborative is a regional effort to help promote the Spiritual Exercises. In January, 2009, a group of individuals representing six Jesuit apostolates in northeast Ohio (listed below) came together to form the Ignatian Spirituality Collaborative of Northeast Ohio (ISC). The ISC brings organizations together to grow the ministry of the Spiritual Exercises in northeast Ohio through increased communication and sharing resources.
Ignatian Spirituality Institute
Ignatian Spirituality Project
Lay Leadership Program at JRH
Spirituality Program for Adults
Mission and Identity
Church of the Gesu. 2470 Miramar Blvd. University Heights, OH 44118, (216) 932-0617. www.churchofthegesu.org
Mission: Gesu Parish is a caring, ethnically diverse Catholic Community which shares a common belief in Jesus Christ and the sacramental life of the Chruch. With the Eucharist as the center of our lives, together we are committed to values that are both Gospel and Family-centered. We believe that, as a Spirit-filled community, we must promote the spiritual, liturgical, evangelical,educational, and ecumenical growth of our family of faith. We pledge ourselves to bring God’s Word to the world in which we live and to enliven that world by our own example of faith and truth. We do this “For the Greater Glory of God” and in the name of Jesus.
- Retreats in Everyday Life (Nineteenth Annotation Retreats)
- Novena of Grace 2012
- Faith in Life and Love Program (for moms)
- Parish Retreats: Men’s, Women’s, Family
- Adult Faith Formation
Contact: Rev. Michael Vincent, S.J. – (216) 932-0617, [email protected]
Ignatian Spirituality Institute. John Carroll University, 20700 North Park Blvd., University Heights, OH 44118, (216) 397-1678. http://sites.jcu.edu/isi/
Mission: To keep the fire of Ignatius’ love for God and the world burning in our hearts today, the Ignatian Spirituality Institute (ISI) offers an educational program for the training of spiritual directors in the tradition of the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola.
- Two-year non-degree certificate program in spiritual direction
- Annual reunion and reflection days for ISI alumni/ae and friends
Ignatian Spirituality Project. A Jesuit Ministry Offering Spiritual Retreats to End Homelessness. http://www.ignatianspiritualityproject.org/
Mission: Our Purpose is five-fold:
- We offer retreats to those who are homeless and seeking recovery.
- We train formerly homeless men and women to assist in giving retreats.
- We reach out to new regions to train teams to offer retreats, days of reflection, and spiritual companioning.
- We seek to establish a national network of all involved in addressing the spiritual needs of those who are homeless.
- We collaborate with other persons and agencies working to end the injustice of homelessness.
- Day and overnight retreats for homeless women and men
- Days of reflection
- Lectio Divina in treatment centers and shelters
Jesuit Retreat House – Lay Leadership Programs. 5629 State Road, Parma, OH 44134, (440) 884-9300. www.jrh-cleveland.org
Mission: The Jesuit Retreat House Lay Leadership Programs (JRHLLP) seek to form lay apostolic leaders through the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius so that they may better serve not only Jesuit ministries but also the broader mission of the Church.
- Praying With St. Ignatius – An eight-week retreat offered in parishes and ecumenical settings. The urban outreach aspect of this program is partially funded.
- Called and Sent – A spiritual formation program for individuals, leaders and communities offered in six modules
- Nurturing the Call - A four-part enrichment and spiritual deepening program for retreat leaders of the “Praying withSt. Ignatius” and the “Spirituality Program for Adults” retreats
- Food for the Journey – A monthly spiritual enrichment program for spiritual directors, retreat leaders, pastoral ministers and those with experience of the full Spiritual Exercises
- Ignatian Currents – A bi-annual program (September and May) on Ignatian spirituality themes offered to a general audience
Contact: Martha Campbell – (440) 884-9300, x17, [email protected]
Spirituality Program for Adults, St. Ignatius High School. 1911 W. 30th St., Cleveland, OH 44113, (216) 932-0617. www.ignatius.edu
Mission: Saint Ignatius High School Spirituality Programs for Adults (SPA) seeks to share the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. SPA offers the Ignatian community (parents, faculty, staff, alumni and interested others) opportunities to experience Ignatian Spirituality in everyday life. SPA retreats teach practical ways to pray one’s life and to examine one’s life to see where God is present and how one is responding (or not) to God.
- 8 Weeks of Ignatian Prayer – Spring and Fall
- 32 Weeks of Directed Ignatian Spiritual Exercises (19th Annotation) October through May
- Alumni 7 Day Ignatian Prayer exeriences – Advent and Lent
- Parish Retreats: Men’s, Women’s, Family
- Individual Ignatian Retreats and Spiritual Direction Opportunities
Contact: Colleen Wyszynski – (216) 961-2583, [email protected]
Walsh Jesuit High School – Mission and Identity. 4550 Wyoga Lake Rd., Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44224-1059, (330) 929-4205, x265. www.walshjesuit.org
Mission: The Walsh Jesuit Office of Mission & Identity provides opportunities for the adult members of the Walsh Jesuit family to learn about and to experience the spirituality of St. Ignatius Loyola, and thus grow in their own faith and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Finding God in the Dark – Sponsored by the Office of Mission & Identity, this program screens recent feature films and offers the opportunity for reflection and discussion afterwards
- Spirituality Program for Adults (SPA) – SPA is an opportunity to experience the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises with adults in the Walsh Jesuit Community.
- Ignatian Roundtable – The Ignatian Roundtable is made up of adult members of the Walsh Jesuit family who gather periodically for discussion of issues concerning their faith.